13th February 2022
Cook time: 20mins
Prep time: 10mins
This desi pasta is one of those simple dinners we should all know how to make. It’s the perfect go-to for a busy weeknight, and it’s also a dish fit for a weekend or even to serve to guests.
- 4 cups Pasta
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 3 cups Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cups Carrot chopped
- 1 cup Green peas
- half cup Green bell pepper chopped
- half cup Red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric, Garam masala & Coriander powder
- 1 – 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- 2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- half cup Heavy whipping cream (malai or fresh cream)
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Cook the pasta and drain the liquid (reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water)
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic
- Cook till onions become soft and translucent.
- Then add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add veggies (carrot, peas, bell pepper, red pepper and salt.
- Mix, cover and cook till veggies are soft and tender.
- Add all the spice powders, then add reserved pasta water, mix and bring it to a simmer.
- Add heavy cream. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked pasta. Mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve.