Marbled Chocolate Peppermint Slice
31st May 2017
Cook time: 15
Prep time: 15
What is better than a home made desert? The answer is one that you don’t have to bake! Yes, this delicious Chocolate Peppermint Slice dessert is also a no bake method, meaning that prep time and ‘cooking’ time is 15 minutes! Although this recipe uses green swirls for this easy Chocolate Peppermint Slice, you can use pink/blue/purple if you wish! Perfect for if you’re going to a themed birthday party or event.
- 1 X 250g packet of plain such as Marie, sweet biscuits, crushed
- 3/4 tin of sweetened condensed milk you can always add a little more if the mixture is too dry
- 100 g butter chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1-2 tiny drops peppermint essence be careful – it’s powerful stuff!!
- 6 X 35g block Peppermint chocolate roughly chopped
- 150 g white chocolate
- 3-4 drops green food colouring
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor (don’t worry if there are still a fair few bigger chunks… that’s fine!) and then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Sift the cocoa into the bowl.
- Melt butter, block of peppermint chocolate and condensed milk in a saucepan over a very low heat. Mix until smooth.
- Pour warm chocolate mixture onto the biscuits and mix well.
- Very carefully add two tiny drops of peppermint essence and mix well.
- Spread mixture into a baking paper lined slice pan.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in the microwave on low (stirring regularly) and pour over the cooled slice.
- Working quickly, add a couple of drops of green food colouring to the white chocolate and swirl with a skewer.
- Pop into the fridge until just set (tacky to the touch but not hard).
- Take out of the fridge and slice into squares.
Let us know what you think on Twitter, using #ForTheLoveOfFood
Recipe adapted from PlayBakeSmile