Potjiekos is another fine cooking method to come out of South Africa – a one-pot wonder that’s simple and wonderfully tasty. Grab your Potjie Pots with Lids here.
How to care for your Potjie:
Our traditional range of potjies are not coated on the inside and have only a protective layer of vegetable oil to prevent rusting and help with curing during storage.
To prepare for cooking, the following steps are recommended:
- Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and scouring pad and dry over heat source
- Coat the inside with cooking oil(any) and use heat til oil begins to smoke.
- Wipe the inside clean using a paper towel. Repeat until towel wipes clean
- The potjie is now ready to use
- The more you use it, the better it becomes
- After each use wash, dry and coat inside with oil
- Store in dry place with absorbent paper inside
Available in 1/2, 1 & 2
Actual product may vary from the image displayed.