Pulled pork loaded fries
7th March 2018
Cook time: 1 hour
Prep time: 15 mins
It’s the kind of stuff you see on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and think “Oh my gosh, how ridiculous”. But we think it makes for the perfect weekend sharing food. Let’s roll up our sleeves and get cooking!
- 6 large potatoes cut into chunky chips/fries
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- 2 cups left-over pulled pork
- 2 cups grated cheese of your choice I used mozzarella and cheddar
- sliced fresh chili optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c.
- Place the chips in a large bowl and toss with the oil and salt.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet in a single layer and place in the oven.
- Allow the chips to bake for 50-60 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp (turn the chips approximately halfway through cooking).
- Remove the chips from the oven then top with the pulled pork, cheese and chillies.
- Place back in the oven and allow the pork to heat through and the cheese to melt (between 5-10 minutes).
- Remove and serve.