Braaied Chicken Kebabs with Lemon Feta Dip
14th March 2022
Cook time: 15mins
Prep time: 20mins
Ideal for a lazy lunch. Chicken kebabs on a base of creamy lemon feta dip all on a bed of crunchy greens.
For the Kebabs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme or mixed herbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.5 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 large red onions, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- 6 skewers
- Mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, herbs and garlic together.
- Thread 5-6 pieces of chicken onto each kebab, alternating with two pieces of red onion in-between each piece of chicken. Brush the kebabs with the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Braai over medium-hot coals for 6-8 minutes. Brush with more marinade with each turn and braai until cooked through with a nice, even char.
Lemon Feta Dip
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor, reserving a few crumbles of feta cheese to use as a garnishment for the finished dip.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lemon zest and reserved feta cheese over the top.